How good is Neerim?!

Ride Reports Pictures and Videos
Adrian Adrian
Reactions:

How good is Neerim?!

Post by Adrian Adrian »

Well, not to rub it in on a weekday folks, but what an excellent day out at Neerim. Superb track conditions, and a bit humid but we kept things moving well enough to get a breeze.

Couple of trees newly down we noticed (one at an already awkward boggy area) but Big Pete and bikerbiker did some gardening to make it passable.

We had to navigate a couple of small tricky sections but everyone got through ok.

Despite AndyM and I getting a bit weary after 30km or so, he seemed to get better as the day went on, clearing everything and if anything picking up the pace (or was I getting slower??)

Nothing major to report, but AndyM did test the strength of his handlebars and forks by slamming his guts into them at a muddy step up (after that the Beta clutch made a mistreatment protest noise every now and then). And I tried breaking a small branch that was pointing into the track with my throat (throat won, but only just!)

At about 40km Andy M and I were fully satisfied and made our way back to the cars via the main drag. We encouraged big Pete and bikerbiker to enjoy the rest of the trails at their 'natural pace'. Said "we might see you there" but didn't realise we were more than 10km from home so figured they'd be a while.

Got packed up and just as we were ready to get going, Big Pete and bikerbiker returned. Reckon they'd enjoyed a whole new speed - I saw a glint in bikerbiker's eye that looked like a 16 year old who had just twisted the throttle wide open on a new bike .
(And I'm told they're both a bit weary, but will leave it to them to report.)

Thanks as always for a perfect route Pete, and for majority sweeping Bikerbiker.
Andy M
Reactions:

Re: How good is Neerim?!

Post by Andy M »

Yes, great ride thanks all!
Despite some dumb mistakes and not riding so well for the first couple of hours, it all came together later in the day. Genuinely, some of the better riding I've managed. Thank for the tips and encouragement.
Im definitely feeling a little beat up this morning though.
Big Pete
Reactions:

Re: How good is Neerim?!

Post by Big Pete »

Yet another great day out at Neerim. Conditions were near perfect with plenty of traction courtesy of overnight rain. The group flowed well with Andy M giving it a go at every obstacle and improved as we continued. It was a great day out and I think that I managed to ensure that everyone was a bit weary by the end (I know I was!). The last bit of the ride was just BikerBiker and I taking in a few extra tracks on the way back to the cars. I may have increased the pace a little but every time I had a quick look back he was right there. I eventually decided to quit while I was ahead as the knee kept reminding me of the need to keep on two wheels! Thanks guys for making it such an enjoyable ride. :D