Rocky Tallarook [level 2+ - Sat 5 Aug]

Ride Reports Pictures and Videos
Adrian Adrian
Reactions:

Rocky Tallarook [level 2+ - Sat 5 Aug]

Post by Adrian Adrian »

Ended up being just Wes, Andy and I. Fair bit of driving for them so thanks for joining.

Mostly went to plan:
Colder than I expected. We started out getting our bearings with a view of the towers on Mt Hickey, then made our way south to the longer climbs at Tehans and Jenkins. They were mostly ok even with Friday's rain, except for err, the tricky bits(!)

Traction was pretty much not an option once you'd lost momentum, but everyone was capable enough to turn around and have a second go. There was a bit of tyre shining and brief rev limiter checks, but mostly we used that left hand lever thingy and found a way up.

Wes and Andy were so successful at one point they went above and beyond - literally - and managed to climb well past where we needed to be (will try to post vid).

All that riding finesse might have been a bit of a shock for one clutch and so we sent a bike back on the main road just in case. The bulletproof kwaka and I continued on up to the reservoir (via that one-way-only gnarly descent!) for a snack, then nipped up to the lookout. Great to have a clear view, even if it was still pretty chilly.

Heading back down I couldn't find a track and some minor bush bashing ensued (will have to check with the Bear/Chris brains trust). It was too late in the day to be faffing though and after we both tipped sideways on the same mossy log the green machine was getting hot and cranky, so we took another route to cool off.

Took some nice tracks back to the cars, and had just enough energy and time to pop up Mt Hickey for a final view and the gnarly way down (so much for my lightweight enduro machine - I ended up mostly walking it down and narrowly saved my rotors, but I heard the big 4T putt-ing the whole way down).

Navigation-wise, there were a couple of embarassing u-turns just after an intersection, but otherwise the route went mostly according to plan.

Happy to give it a go another day for those who want to play on the rocks.

(No cheese or charcuterie this time, but promise I'll get to that eventually... )
Attachments
received_6572524812829959.jpeg
Andy M
Reactions:

Re: Rocky Tallarook [level 2+ - Sat 5 Aug]

Post by Andy M »

Thanks for a fun ride, have to get back and finish the rude next time. I don't think my clutch is in good shape after the last of those climbs. A trip to the shop for the beta 200 I think!