Who’s updating in 2023?

The Place for all things bike Related from Bike Reviews to Riding Tips
Scottland
Reactions:

Re: Who’s updating in 2023?

Post by Scottland »

It appears there needs to be a bit of moderating going on here!

Firstly …. Perhaps there needs to be a thread called “Don’t mess with the cheese and wine crew” of which I am a lowly fringe member.

Secondly …. I’m unlikely to buy a 2023 model, but I do have a desire to own another Husky 250 smoker and thinking about a run out model.
Rat Finke
Reactions:

Who’s updating in 2023?

Post by Rat Finke »

@Scottland. No moderating required.
Cage match. 2 go in. 1 comes out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Stu1985pants
Reactions:

Post by Stu1985pants »

:D I just picked up my next trusty steed! My old 07 Gasa 300 has been awesome. I've just done the top end, pads, sprockets, and a bunch of other maintenance stuff, but when I spotted this '13 Husaberg 250 2t, I couldn't resist.
Electric start, comfy ergos, electric start, nimble as....
Did I mention it has electric start.
I'll be on the 300 for the last hoorah. Then onto the 'berg for the new beginnings ride.
Kinda fitting really....
:D
Clutchburner
Reactions:

Post by Clutchburner »

MrNoodle wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:31 pm I've been given the permission to pull the trigger on a new bike and I've always wanted a 300 2T. As I ride less the lazyness of a 300 doing the work for me was becoming very appealing (I can't get out every weekend, hell I can't get out every couple of months at the moment!).
Everytime I jump on my 17 KTM 250 EXC I just fall in love with it. I don't see myself tackling the super hard techy stuff that I do love but can't get the time to get ride fit to do it all safely (also a back injury from a car accident that I am always worried about flaring up). So that keeps me coming back to the old faithful. She has a kickstarter, all the TSP work done to it. About 150 hours (coming up to next piston which I've got sitting in the shed)....

Do I just keep old faithful? Do all the wheel bearings, rebuild the starter motor and get the suspension serviced (nothing wrong with the bike, just getting on top of maintenance). I did contemplate putting a 300 kit on at the first piston change but went the TSP route at the time and very happy with it.
Buy some brass bushes online for the bendix and replace them and the starter brushes will last till around 320-350 hours before you need to lift the motor as high as possible in the frame to get the starter out and change them . The oem Teflon bushes on the bendix flog out and chew out the side cover and if your unlucky the left crankcase if left too long. You want to catch it before any damage Is done. 150 would be the right number I reckon .
https://sidesmods.com.au/products/husqv ... -2017-2018
Twincamke20
Reactions:

Post by Twincamke20 »

Been a few years off the bike so back in the market for something again, but so many options these days! :cry:
Only ever ridden 2t's but have thinking about the new WR's this time round, thoughts?
Scottland
Reactions:

Post by Scottland »

Twincamke20 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:35 pm Been a few years off the bike so back in the market for something again, but so many options these days! :cry:
Only ever ridden 2t's but have thinking about the new WR's this time round, thoughts?
I’m in shock!

First, you talk about 4 strokes!

Second, you talk about a WR!

I think your covid vaccinations have affected your ability to think clearly! 😂😂
Habs
Reactions:

Post by Habs »

Twincamke20 wrote:Been a few years off the bike so back in the market for something again, but so many options these days! :cry:
Be different get a 4stroke Sherco 300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
BruceKTMguy
Reactions:

Post by BruceKTMguy »

Just updated to a 22 Beta 300 RE. Only 200k on it so far and all good. Here is a video review.
2023 Beta 390 RE 2022 Beta 300 RE, 2017 Husqvarna FX350, KTM 1290 Superduke R.
Habs
Reactions:

Post by Habs »

BruceKTMguy wrote:Just updated to a 22 Beta 300 RE. Only 200k on it so far and all good. Here is a video review.
Nice review Brucie. I’m keen to hear after a few rides what it’s fuel range is like Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mick
Reactions:

Post by Mick »

Very informative as always Bruce, but is there any chance you can do a review on your mates 125 , or have enough footage of it to do a short clip , cheers🤟
2018 TX 300 .. 2018 TE 150