Cobaw and a lovely Charcuterie

Ride Reports Pictures and Videos
fab
Reactions:

Cobaw and a lovely Charcuterie

Post by fab »

Thanks Riles for putting this on. A pleasant ride through the Cobaw forest with navigators Dann and Eric wildly pointing fingers at times to help ensure Riles hit the good tracks.

JD up the back ensured everyone got home and everyone helped those in need when needed.

Riding was rocky, slippery in sections, and choose your own adventures in others. The Romaniacs champ showed off at times and dragged up the level with new lines I thought were impossible.

A flat tyre was the only injury besides plastics and handguards.

After the ride was a gastronomic treat with a spread to desire. Up there were the home made prawn crackers, brownies and tuna. They were even better with the fly in protein :)
Untitled 4.jpg
Untitled 5.jpg
fab
Reactions:

Re: Cobaw and a lovely Charcuterie

Post by fab »

How could i forget the picture of the charcuterie!
Attachments
Untitled 6.jpg
riles
Reactions:

Post by riles »

Thanks Fab for the report. Let’s talk about the charcuterie for a minute…Instructions were given during morning ride briefing to take the French Brie, Camembert, Danish blue and the king island cheddar out of various eskies and let it come up to room temperature (true story). JDs late joining fee was a bottle of pepperjack Shiraz, Fabs penalty was home made red wine (Maltese inspired).
Kmatts brought home cooked tuna steak which was sliced up and put on the board. Someone thought it was pate and went to cut it with a crisp cracker which just crumbled in a mess and got a laugh. Other goodies as Fab described and the always popular French onion dip were piled up and away we went with a good hour or so of post ride conversation and eating. The whole idea of bringing cheese and wine was a joking comment and we never expected more than salada biscuits and cheese slices but it grew and grew and the end result was over the top but a very enjoyable way to debrief and finish the day

The ride itself was in in sunshine and dry, cool conditions. About 40km I think, starting at 9 and finishing at 2. We were 14 to start with and a couple dropped out towards the end so a sizeable group to get through the bush.
I know my way around Cobaw but it was good to have constant reference from Dann and Eric during the day and it meant we did some new tracks on top of my regulars.
Leading, I could pick who was behind me by engine noise. Jono and Damo on KTM 150s with more revs than the rest. A few big 4 strokes 350s and 450s. A mixed bag of other 250/300s
Up the Northern end of the forest we went into ‘Romania” which had some climbs, gullies and tricky bits here and there.
Heading back South at about 1pm we decided to go up onto the Cobaw ridge line and this was a very good way to finish the day and earn our drinks/food. It was technical and rewarding to get through. Thanks chrisW and various younger members to help out where needed. Some of the rocks were BIG.
Thanks to JD for being the patient and capable sweep too.
I had a great time and thanks to all for coming.
Attachments
7E782D1A-D128-4989-B5C7-809D3B130816.jpeg
B1FC7675-7CAE-43B1-89A1-76F4D0406911.jpeg
Toysrus
Reactions:

Post by Toysrus »

My first ride in vic for a few months and the weather turned it on, Whilst I hate getting moving in the dark at 5.30 by the time we got to the carpark it was looking like a perfect ride day.
As usual for a "Riles Cobaw" tracks were a great selection and with some new stuff being thrown in by Dann and Eric it only made it better, I particularly liked the last track despite throwing the bike away on an almost stationary highside which would have looked pretty good I imagine.
The 350 was excellent all day but some lower tyre pressue (and more skill) would not have gone astray in the harder stuff, I miss the 500 vibro massage but the 350 is more capable.
Great banter and food selection at the end of the ride. Thanks to Riles Eric and Dann for lead duties, JD for sweeping all day and Damo for the 2 hour lift to Cobaw. and the rest of the crew for being good blokes.
Factional member of the Cheese and Wine Party, a subsidiary of the SDU Pty ltd
kmatts55
Reactions:

Post by kmatts55 »

Yes indeed, The ride is just a side show for the wine and cheese event at the end, :)
No, not really, a fairly big group and a great selection of tracks equals good times.
I got to bike test a few different bikes on the day which was excellent to feel the differences, including the first ride on my new (2ndhand) bike, I was riding, a XC250, which ran perfectly and a nice change.
Only one video from me today, and this was bigger and harder than it looks, also wet and slippery

Exotic Negotiator, C&W and SDU
JD_CRF
Reactions:

Post by JD_CRF »

Thanks Riles for organising a great day from start to finish and even beyond with the picnic table covered with goodies to share. Excellent weather selection too.

Great selection of tracks and with a very capable group there really was nothing required of me as sweep. Nice and relaxing at the back.

Bring on the next one.
riles
Reactions:

Post by riles »

JD_CRF wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:40 pm Thanks Riles for organising a great day from start to finish and even beyond with the picnic table covered with goodies to share. Excellent weather selection too.

Great selection of tracks and with a very capable group there really was nothing required of me as sweep. Nice and relaxing at the back.

Bring on the next one.
We need Howard at the next one !!
Jono1973
Reactions:

Post by Jono1973 »

Thanks riles
For leading a great loop
Road my kids 150 took me about an hour to get use of it but after that had a ball great group of blokes
See you all next time.
kmatts55
Reactions:

Post by kmatts55 »

Jono,,,,,,, we secretly know you bought that 150 for yourself, and its's a very nice well setup bike. Well done and thanks for the test ride. :)
Exotic Negotiator, C&W and SDU
Prickle
Reactions:

Post by Prickle »

Thanks guys for a great day, weather, tracks and company was excellent. Big thanks to the organisers and lead riders. Had a ball!