Grand Final Ride 2024 LVL 3

Ride Reports Pictures and Videos
Disco
Reactions:

Grand Final Ride 2024 LVL 3

Post by Disco »

Great day out with Dann Eric and Buzz all taking turns to lead a big group of 18 (edit 22 I think). :o

Prime conditions, good planning and lots of creek action! 8-)

I didnt have much footage to work with but I did the best with what I had (Phil's cam) :geek:

Nice to catch up with some fold faces and meet some new ones too :)
Last edited by Disco on Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dann
Reactions:

Re: Grand Final Ride 2024 LVL 3

Post by Dann »

Awesome day out on the bikes yesterday, the weather was fantastic, the crew capable and the loop satisfying for all (I hope).
Thanks to everyone who came along, it's nice to keep the tradition of the grand final ride going. It's great catching up with people you haven't seen for a while or don't ride with very often. The post ride beers and bullshit around the fire a nice treat to top off a great day.
Well now it's time to start thinking about next year's loop...

P.S.
Nice video Disco, short and sweet, good summary of the ride.
Dope
Reactions:

Post by Dope »

What a day and what a ride.

Had an absolute blast with everyone, steep hillclimbs, insane decents, wacky off cambers, slippery creek beds and a decent set of blokes has me rating this one of the best rides this year.

Found some lvl 2 fellas in need of some help, but we got them sorted quick, had to play doctor at one point with plasters and alcohol swabs for some silly mistakes.

The old 450 held her own against all the 300s and one wacky 250 stoker also provided for some fun and shenanigans.

The last hour of the ride was absolute torture, but so worth it, was a real shame I could not stay for a beer after, as the wife was looking for me, not to have a BBQ, but to get her into the house because she lost her keys.

Thanks again for putting on a great ride fellas, to the leads and the sweeps, have one on me tonight.
2022 Yamaha WR450F, 2009 Sherco ST250
2t4me
Reactions:

Post by 2t4me »

What a great day (and arguably better night!!)

Made a last minute decision to attend - had been hesitant, doubting I was ready to tackle a “Dann and Eric” level 3 ride ride again with very limited seat time over past few years - but decided what the heck, if I need to bail I can find my way back!!

So glad I decided to go - was a great group of blokes, many of whom I hadn’t ridden with for a long long time so it’s alway great to catch up!

Whether I sub consciously talked myself into it pre ride or not, I did bail, along with 4 others at the lunch break but the ride until then was fantastic (even if kettled my bike on one hill and got defeated by another!). Loved the fresh track the boys had added near 3rd gear.

After splitting, the 5 of us took in a few old favourite tracks whilst making our way back to 5 ways and picked up 3 extra fellow bailers near Andersons!

Back at 5 ways it was great to do more catching up before having one of the funniest nights I’ve had in ages sitting around the fire with Donnie, Ghost Rider, Cruiser, Bushy, Dann and Bones

Well done to Dann for keeping the tradition going (think we can call it that now?!?), Dan, and Eric for leading, Cruiser and then Buzz for sweeping and everyone that came along and made it the day it was

Also, well don’t to Donnie for going outside his comfort zone and leading the level 2 ride - great effort
Cruiser
Reactions:

Post by Cruiser »

GF ride1.jpg
GF ride.jpg
Been a hot minute since I had done a proper level 3 ride. So was prepared for the fact that the ol body might not go the distance. Bailed after lunch with Bones and someone whos name excapes me. Off to play on some quieter trks before bumping into Dusty and crew. Played on some more trks as we headed in the direction of the cars and a beer. Covering a whopping 40ks finished up around 2pm.
Dann and Eric did a fantastic job of track selection. Keeping everyone entertained and on point. The creeks kept me busy with line selection and log jumping. Really enjoyable, although relentless.
The tyre I was running seems to be great for my end of town with the slippery red clay. But proved to not be so worthy for the hill climbs of dissa. Noted for next time. The day did not stop when the ride did. Going till wee hrs of the next morning. The laughs with/at each other through the night was next level.
Got up the next morning about 7.30am. Ghost rider, Dann and myself suited up to check out an area of dissa that I have never ventured to, scouting for any signs of trks and new adventures.
While we found plenty of stuff to play on. It would probably not be happening anytime soon.
Grand final ride makes for a great adventure. And looking forward to next year. Great to meet some old faces of yesteryear, and once again ride the trks together.
Till we ride again
Cruiser
Pittman
Reactions:

Post by Pittman »

Thanks Dan and Eric for planing and leading the ride. Cruiser for sweeping the first half, buzz for some extra creek action and sweeping

Some good technical tracks keeping everyone on their toes. Good to catch up with everyone I hadn’t seen for ages.

Special thanks to Dan and Chris for helping me with car after the ride!
Bonez
Reactions:

Post by Bonez »

Thanks Dann and Eric for putting on a super ride with heaps of challenges along the way.
I was a bit disappointed with myself unable to ride up the sisters this year but enjoyed the other hills that were on the ride.
So not long after lunch I bailed with two other to do some not so extreme tracks 😅 then met up with dustin's group with him leading us on what seem harder than what we just bailed from! But all good got back to the cars for some well earned beers and settled down into a great drinking session in front of one of the best campfires I have seen for a while, and during the drinking session I was introduced to the legendary sheep dog whisky which tasted awesome thanks donny darko for bringing the sheep dog.
Thanks for cruiser and buzz for sweeping and Chris and Dann helping get us through some of the hard sections.
It was a good day meeting new facing and some familiar faces.
Thanks all for a great day and night until next time cheers 🍻
kmatts55
Reactions:

Post by kmatts55 »

Yes indeed, another great GF ride done and dusted. I know Dann and Eric, put a lot of time in behind the scenes to ensure a great day and loop was on offer with just the right amount spice. so big thanks.
I went home with a big smile and enjoyed catching up with everyone and post ride frothies went down a treat.
Already looking forward to next year
Exotic Negotiator, C&W and SDU
Ghost Rider
Reactions:

Post by Ghost Rider »

Top ride with all the crew on the LVL 3 GFF ride
Had a ball with you all , thanks Dann and Eric , great mix of stuff for all , new singles good technical bits , nice creeks and some good climbs.
Got to observe some OTB moments , downhill stuff ups , log tumbles and uphill struggles but all just got back on it with big smiles .
Sneaking in some play hills was cool and the last minute ride past some of the harder creek tracks I was acutely aware I had no hope of any takers for a bit of some extra challenge.
Once the ride had finished the drinks went down far too easily , some good barby food and loads of laughs made for a great night

Cheers to you all , cant wait for the next one
Disco
Reactions:

Post by Disco »

Dope wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:02 pm The old 450 held her own against all the 300s and one wacky 250 stoker also provided for some fun and shenanigans.
You getting a wr450 through those tracks was prob the most impressive aspect of the day. Amazing effort. I was the solo rep of the 250F brigade... but they're a little girls bike compared to the four fiddy.