Tallarook 4 Aug

Ride Reports Pictures and Videos
Dope
Reactions:

Tallarook 4 Aug

Post by Dope »

I will start the report, had a nice relaxing day in tallarook, a decent handful of blokes that showed up.

Got to lose my sweep rider virginity as well as try show how fast one can go downhill.

All in all was well led by Riles and associates, only had to do some bush bashing in one spot, a prime example of a level 2 ride with 1 or 2 snotty hills that pushed it to 2.5
2022 Yamaha WR450F, 2009 Sherco ST250
Cruiser
Reactions:

Re: Tallarook 4 Aug

Post by Cruiser »

Thanks Riles.
Whilst I was relieved we didn't have any true level 2 riders on this tour. I was smiling all the way with the choice of tracks that took us to areas not visited for a while by anybody. Lol.
Various GPS loops threaded together. Add on to the mix Riles knowledge of the area. And a ride is born.
Thank ss for the laughs today. I really needed the time out.
Till we ride again.
Cruiser
Rubber Toe
Reactions:

Post by Rubber Toe »

I really enjoyed the choice of tracks Riles had planned out for the day. In parts of the loop we had cold misty weather but were kept warm with logs, rocks, downhills and uphills. I ended up dropping my bike onto Sean which then in turn he got pinned down by his own bike..........silly mistake on my behalf and so glad no one was hurt. A wild pig was spotted and at one section we rode with some kangaroos. Thanks Riles for putting on this day, was a great day out!
Rat Finke
Reactions:

Post by Rat Finke »

An enjoyable ride at the promised 2.5 level. We started the day at a brisk 2 degrees but the sunshine promised there would be warmth as the day progressed. We tackled all sorts of terrain which everyone seemed too get through ok, although perhaps because it was a bit slippery there seemed to be a number of low speed ‘offs’ amongst our crew which provided a reminded to stay vigilant over logs and when stopping for a re-grouping break. :)

We rode some reliable establish tracks as well as the odd track which had the feel of last been ridden by Indiana Jones in the Raiders of the Lost Ark era. No one minded as it was all part of the adventure.

Thanks to Riles for leading us around and to the rotating sweeps who kept us moving all day
Bonez
Reactions:

Post by Bonez »

Yes very enjoyable day had!
Great mix of trails to test your skills on, but I think I left mine at home at times (bloody logs) and got my money's worth out of some snotty hill going back down to have a clear run at it and nailed it.
At one of the re-groups was taken out like a bowling pin and Rob was the bowling ball and I think the bike in front of me got taken out as well but all good no damage I think I would have cried if I had a new shiny bike lol
Thanks to all that lead and to the sweeps
Until next time cheers.
Last edited by Bonez on Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jono1973
Reactions:

Post by Jono1973 »

Thanks riles for leading us on a great loop great crew thanks to the sweeps till next time cheers
hairyone
Reactions:

Post by hairyone »

Thanks for sharing for us vicarious DBT.
Post the selfie vid: Bonez doing his log?