Knee braces

The Place for all things bike Related from Bike Reviews to Riding Tips
MarkC
Reactions:

Knee braces

Post by MarkC »

Hi guys,
Looking for advice on how to get a good suitable set of knee braces. Anyone done any research into how to get the best ones for you? Appreciate any advice.
Last year I broke my leg. It was a tibial plateau fracture which is high up almost behind the knee. I’m looking to get back on the bike and want to invest in some knee braces. TIA.
Bren
Reactions:

Re: Knee braces

Post by Bren »

Hey I used to use only knee guards but noticed my knees were starting to get crunchy.
So I got myself a set of pod k4's... Knees are now better than ever, well worth the investment!
They take a couple of rides to figure out, but when you have them sorted you can do a full day ride without any adjusting.
Handy being able to shim them to stop hyper extending, and they handle a beating.
I haven't tried any other braces tho. My brother uses Leatt and has nothing but good to say about them.
2t4me
Reactions:

Re: Knee braces

Post by 2t4me »

Best bet is to go into a few stores and try on as many different brand/model braces as possible to get the ones that best suit/fit your legs…

For the absolute best bet you can go full custom CTi braces - if you have private health you may also be able get a rebate against the cost

https://www.gallbrosmedical.com.au/knee ... tom-detail