Kinglake May 25

Ride Reports Pictures and Videos
riles
Reactions:

Kinglake May 25

Post by riles »

Kinglake was a pearler. 9 riders in total. Unfortunately Bonez had troubles with his tubeless front tyre and despite various attempts he opted to leave- and fix it at home (which he messaged to say he did)
Foggy and damp on the forest floor as we unloaded but the sun soon came out and made it perfect conditions.

A local rider (who I invited) turned up and offered to help me lead. This was a hit as he soon took over from me and led us on some excellent tracks. Some brand new stuff at the northern end in particular.
I warned everyone at the briefing to be cautious on the red clay the to prove it I was the first to go down on the slick red clay. The rear came right around and overtook me - my fellow Yamaha riding friend (dope) was right behind and couldn’t stop laughing 😆

Some of the tracks we did were familiar to me but it’s been years since I’ve been on them.
Marko goes a lot faster now that he has race numbers. Ando300 enjoyed passing at any opportunity and got around just fine. Eric 705 did a good job as sweep, thanks

We got back to the cars at 1 and a few peeled off and went home - I then took Marko Eric Dope on a 30 minute loop with a big hill descent/climb which was gnarly and fun.

I didn’t get time for photos- here are three from yesterday
Attachments
IMG_7523.jpeg
IMG_7522.jpeg
IMG_7521.jpeg
Bonez
Reactions:

Re: Kinglake May 25

Post by Bonez »

Yep Bloody spewing sounds like I missed out on a great ride 🙄, not sure what the goes is with kinglake but it's some sort of voodoo that haunt me every time I go there, anyway I hope I can get on the next and face the demon head on.
Dion300
Reactions:

Post by Dion300 »

Looks great guys. Shattered I pulled out!
Ando300
Reactions:

Post by Ando300 »

Great day out thanks Riles. Your hired gun co-leader did a great job choosing our way through the familiar tracks. The secret squirrel tracks up the North end were a real treat.

It was a good group with no holdups even though it was bit slick in spots.
Dope
Reactions:

Post by Dope »

Had a great day out, fully enjoyed it, had to take a power nap when I got home

Riding behind Riles when he did his impression of being a ballerina was very entertaining to watch
2022 Yamaha WR450F, 2009 Sherco ST250
Marko
Reactions:

Post by Marko »

Didn’t go to Kinglake for a very long time and luckily I did join this ride, I think I had a smile on my face from start to the end of the ride, it was one of the best rides I done in a long time.
Lots of tight flowing fast slippery tracks and some nice hills, one hill was bit tricky as going up sun and the mist was in your eyes and couldn’t see where you going or how big the climb was but loved it. All I know will definitely be on the next one, thanks Riles for organising this great ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk