Sailors falls - The relaxed pace ride - maybe not!

Ride Reports Pictures and Videos
CUJO
Reactions:

Sailors falls - The relaxed pace ride - maybe not!

Post by CUJO »

Had a ripper day out at Sailors falls yesterday.

A big thank you to Barc (Ian) and for organising the ride and providing a lovely spread of Xmas delights and refreshments after the ride - I just love that this is becoming more and more part of the riding fraternity. Also a big thanks to Phil for sweeping all day.

I have never ridden from that side of Wombat and the tracks were glorious! I haven't ridden much this year and popping back in to Melbourne for Family Xmas I thought I would join relaxed paced ride (Lvl2+). Well, well well, how wrong was I. Given the calibre of riders that attended, ride pace was quick! We covered around 65km starting around 9.30 and finishing somewhere around 2pm. Only one hiccup with a flat front tyre that gave everyone a chance to chill for a bit.

The mix of terrain was great including lots of twisty singles, more open fire trails, a very slippery creek crossing and even a few dusty road connections (yey). The fire trails were fast, and you needed to keep your wits about you as you dodged the deep winter rutts bouncing from side to side. Riding at pace you would unexpectedly come up to the road being blocked by water...... The sphincter muscle having a field day! But all's well that ends well. No major offs, no injuries so it was a good day.

Again thanks Brac for organising the day and the spread and thank you all for being part of a fun day riding.

Dirt bikes are awesome!

Cheers
CUJO
Member of the outlaw Cheese and Wine Cub.
.... A Chapter of the Secret Dirtbike Underworld

2012 Husky TE300 - full reg - QLD
2012 KTM XCW300- rec reg - Melbourne
cobraone
Reactions:

Re: Sailors falls - The relaxed pace ride - maybe not!

Post by cobraone »

i will second everything in the previous post spot on.ian and i have done the loop many times,if its the 2 of us or 18 he doesnt know slow on his loop.lot of work gone into it.i was amazed at the turnout 2 days prior xmas,awesome.what a great bunch ,lot of new faces for me.thanks riles for help on the bridge incodent(dont tell anyone ha ha).i was determined to cross that slippery creek good to make up for the bridge.thanks to our mechanics for the brake and tyre fixes.and a special thanks to ians daughter for the spread WOW.merry xmas to all.cheers.
Adrian Adrian
Reactions:

Post by Adrian Adrian »

Yes, thanks Barc and all for a great day out.

Good to enjoy some tracks up that way, and clearly Barc's gone to a lot of effort with routes - much appreciated! ;)
Sweep had a smile all day so we can't have been too bad as a group overall.

Amongst a big pack of 2Ts there were a few on 4 strokes that seemed to handle the tight stuff ok. Must be something to do with ability. And speaking of ability, that kid can ride!

Special thanks to pit crew Riles, Hoff and Michael for sorting my flat front tyre in a matter of minutes, while I looked on and felt sheepish about having no tube, levers (or practice!).

And what a spread - thanks to all who made it happen. Meat and cheese goes down a treat after a ride! Plus sandwiches, choccies, dessert, and Marko had a very good beer:ice ratio for a warm afternoon Image

Looking forward to the next ride...!
riles
Reactions:

Post by riles »

Sailors falls, what a good day. Good group, well led (and swept) great loop and what a feast afterwards. Thanks barc - and cobraone - for having us and putting on the ritz. I had a ball. Thanks various people for the ride on your bikes (I’m the bike slut) and Hoff for teaching us all how to put the tyre back on the rim without pinching the tube. The variety was fun and interesting. Thanks to Barca for the buffet and in particular the fresh cherries, little cakes and sandwiches. Perfect. Lots of colour and movement on this ride and perfect pre Christmas entertainment
Hooters
Reactions:

Post by Hooters »

I remember telling Lucas, at the start of the ride that being such a big group to expect the pace to be cruisey, with lots of breaks………..that’s not quite what happened on this ride🙃. Lucas had a great day, and us “oldies” wore him out (he fell asleep on the way home 😆), but he loved every minute of it.
Thanks for the day everyone 👌
The Almighty Berg
hoff300
Reactions:

Post by hoff300 »

Thanks so much Ian (Barc) for a perfect day out. Leading us around a fantastic loop, thanks. Then the spread that you and your family put on for us, WOW!!! Thanks. Also thanks to Cobraone, for sweeping all day, job well done. As for the ride so much fun had by all, with no major off's, so that's also good. Lucas don't worry about falling asleep on the way home, old people like me fall asleep for at least 3 days after a ride!!! The Hoff wishes you all a merry Christmas, enjoy.
Dope
Reactions:

Post by Dope »

Thanks fellas, had a blast, the pace was great, the group was amazing, the dust that I consumed was a nice appetizer, but the amazing spread that was put up afterwards was definitely a lot better tasting.

Glad to see we only had a couple of offs, but only towards the last few minutes of the ride, must have been fatigue ;)
2022 Yamaha WR450F, 2009 Sherco ST250
Barc
Reactions:

Post by Barc »

Thankyou to everyone that came along. Hope it was enjoyable. Sorry for the dust, it's not usually that dry up here and completely different now after all this rain. Thanks to Cobraone for sweeping all day...good job. My main concern was losing someone being such a large group, but the cornerman system worked well.
We had a late start as we we had to wait for an Englishman and and a brand new bike. I think he might of come straight from the shopImage
Great ride, we flowed really well and made good time even with a flat.
Not many opportunities to take pics but I'll put up what I got.
Thanks again and Merry Christmas.
Regards Barc

[attachment=0]20231223_093539.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments
20231223_093539.jpg
Michael
Reactions:

Post by Michael »

Thanks Barc for putting on a great ride and to Cobraone for doing a great job sweeping all ride, and the food and refreshments post ride were great.

About 10km in my back brake locked on. Cobraone called in Hoff who had it fixed in a few minutes. Thanks guys, and Hoff for the advice on correct rear brake adjustment ;).

A skilled group of riders rode at a quick pace, and it stretched me to keep up. A really good mix of singles and some more open stuff. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks for the spin on your bike Lucas!

Enjoy the festive season guys and stay safe.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Dann
Reactions:

Post by Dann »

I've missed this ride twice now, sounds like I'm missing out. Hopefully next time!