Best Christmas Ride EVA?

Ride Reports Pictures and Videos
Toysrus
Reactions:

Best Christmas Ride EVA?

Post by Toysrus »

ImageSo it’s late Sunday arvo, I have no pictures and may have had a drink or two but as there is no ride report I thought I'd kick it off.

Driving from “deep” on the Mornington Peninsula I left before six and it rained for the first 1 ¼ hours of my trip, I was borderline ready to turn around and go home when around Kalkallo the rain eased and some sun could be seen. Was pleasantly surprised to see so many people turning up, over 3/4 I know and a few new faces which was good. I'm two weeks in of seven stitches in my knee and was definitely after a very cruisy ride and with that in mind loaded the cruisey 500, then I saw all the fast boys signed up and went into a bit of a panic!

No problem Bear did a great job of a level 2 with a few fun bits thrown in! Big thanks to him and the multitude of sweeps for the day (well two). I've ridden three times in four months and not been on the 500 for 2 ½ years so this was a steep relearning curve for me and it was nearer the end of the ride I really started to feel the love for the 500 again, but its there! (don't tell the missus).

So many good riders on the day and whilst I was behaving as much as possible I did manage to have “a bit of fun” . The day seemed to run pretty well up until the last hill near the cars which took some carnage (sorry to whoever it was I messed up), we were waiting for the clean up when a Gas Gas rider who shall remain un-named had mishap with some extra curricular activities and took a little while to get back to the cars.

As usual it was a great ride with great people extra special thanks to Adrian for the no alcohol beer, Darren for the bandaids for my knee that opened up and was bleeding when we finished “worth it” and hope to get on more DBT rides in the new year!

Cheers Toysrus

Edit one photo of happy face emoji (pre ride).
Attachments
20231201_105746.jpg
Factional member of the Cheese and Wine Party, a subsidiary of the SDU Pty ltd
splints
Reactions:

Re: Best Christmas Ride EVA?

Post by splints »

well done toys.. i in franga you?
couldnt make this one but I am gonna post an early january ride before we go back to work..... stay tuned...just gotta negotiate time frame with the chief...
Cruiser
Reactions:

Post by Cruiser »

I too had a great time on this ride. The rain on the way to flat rock was relentless. But seemed to stop as I approached Strath creek.
The riders were there. Keen as mustard to get out on can only be described as primo conditions. No dust. Plenty of traction. And just enough cool Trks to keep us all entertained.
My husky 300 gave a terrific ride. I was riding like a little kid as I twisted the throttle giving it a squirt on some of the more open type Trks.
Logs were deadly slippery. Trying my luck on a bank of 3 slippery logs in a row brought me undone when I didn t clear the third log with the front wheel. A couple og riders hit the dust and scored a bit of pain. But out of the big group Everyone moved along nicely.
Some riders moving along so nicely they missed all three corner men sitting on the side of the road pointing the new direction.
This seemed to be the norm for one particular rider.😚
Loved the banter and comradery that the peeps of dbt have cultivated over the years.
The bbq at the end was held under the marque as the weather started to close in with a bit of wind and a shower. Still didn't seem to dampen spirits. When I finally left. Plenty of blokes still there. Didnt look in any hurry to go anywhere
Thanks for organizing Josh. Thanks to bear. Stella effort. Thanks to the sweeps. And thanks to the rest for making the day a great memory.
Now to sell my bike and buy a 500 4st.
Looking forward to the diversity of a big bore bike.
Till we ride again
Cruiser.
riles
Reactions:

Post by riles »

Attachments
IMG_6206.jpeg
kbuxx
Reactions:

Post by kbuxx »

What a great way to end the DBT year. Tallarook never disappoints. Thanks Bear for leading a great ride that moved along very nicely. Plenty of fun to be had for us all. Thanks to sweeps and all that attended. I thought the rain in the morning may turn a few away but there was a good group ready to take what Talla had to offer. Plenty of grip except for those bloody slimy logs that are out to get us!!! The post ride eats were a good way to have a ride debrief and test our willingness to get wet with most hanging around. Thanks to the people that bought BBQ's, food, marque, camaraderie and humour. I had a great day, I thank you all for that.

P.S. Great photo Riles!
Walkahz
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Walkahz »

Thanks to all that attended.
I too got some showers on the way there in the morning... Not a good start after we postponed a week due to rain.
Tallarook conditions were primo. Just the right amount of moisture with no dust to be seen. Those angled logs caught me out multiple times though.
With a very capable crew the ride flowed fast, bear picked LV2 terrain very well but the pace was quick, so quick trailz sailed past a corner..... Twice.
Back to the cars just in time for the rain to start and dampen the bbq. Good thing Bruce packed the quickshade.

Thanks to all that attended it was a great day!
Bikes:
Beta 300RR
Many Vintage Yamaha's
hoff300
Reactions:

Post by hoff300 »

Well what a day! Started out driving through the rain and thinking, is it going to stop? Well it did and what a relief, not getting ready in the rain bonus. Great turn out, with a mixture of ride levels riding together, and I have to say that the ride etiquette was fantastic!! Anyone going for the overtake took there time getting around others, which I thought was great, best I have seen! Big thanks goes out to Bear putting on a great ride for all, not an easy task! Also a big thanks to Al and Bruce for looking after the pack, Yes I know trying to find Trail's -Vince after he's had to many red snake's and red cordial, is impossible. Now the not so good, Bushy hope you are okay, that was a nasty off. Then at the end of the day the last track before the cars, "carnage" struck. Bike's tipping over everywhere, one corked shoulder, then Kmatt had to much time on his hand to explore, and decided to skid out and hurt his buttocks. Problem with Kmatt is he still has his silly grin on his face so you don't know if he's injured!!! Fun day out thanks for a great day out everyone, even had fun getting wet at the BBQ. Thank Josh for organizing the ride with bear, and keeping it all going.
Last edited by hoff300 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yatesy
Reactions:

Post by Yatesy »

Brilliant ride and well said by all in above posts. Big thanks to everyone, luv youz all. Mr Corked Shoulder.
PS, Bear is still hurting from trying to catch me [ poor bugger after such a well led ride ]
BruceKTMguy
Reactions:

Post by BruceKTMguy »

Great ride with a terrific bunch of guys, some old hands and a couple of new ones. Well done lead rider Bear and Josh for organising. And Riles for tasty treats and a lovely Shiraz. Will post some pics from GoPro & some video when edited.

Photos

2023 Beta 390 RE 2022 Beta 300 RE, 2017 Husqvarna FX350, KTM 1290 Superduke R.
hoff300
Reactions:

Post by hoff300 »

Good job with the edit Bruce.