Dann delivers Dissa on GF eve

Ride Reports Pictures and Videos
kbuxx
Reactions:

Dann delivers Dissa on GF eve

Post by kbuxx »

First of all, Thanks Dann for posting this and for leading an awesome level 3 ride today. Thanks to Walkahz for leading the level 2 ride and giving us this riding forum to keep us all riding. Thanks to Riles and Chris for sweeping up our mess all day (I did provide some mess to clean up (you know, just to make them feel important)). Thanks to those that provided BBQ and food after the ride.

Not sure that I can write about the ride and get my point across. Probably ended up one of the hardest rides I have done physically. Less rider ability = harder rides though so maybe it was just me! Temperature was warm which added to the difficulty today. Quite dusty in the flowy parts which made visibility pretty challenging at times. After doing one of the big shaily hills early on, I was already spent! Wondering if I should take up knitting instead. But Dann did say that was the hardest hill so that made me feel better (but he didn't say that there were no more of them!). Hill going up, hills going down, going up, going down, up, down, up, down u d u d udududud with some nice (not so flowing) creeks in the middle. The creek section is a great ride thhat has some very steep play hills. To see the gunn riders ride up and down them is impressive. I was wondering how to knit and pearl a scarf or a beanie at this time! I started cramping about an hour from the cars and ran out of water not long after. Tempted to abort but determination (stubbornness) would not let me bale! Getting closer to home I fell on a not so technical track and ended up with the bike pinning my leg to a log and unable to move, thanks Riles for freeing me from that uncomfortable position (of course it was just to make you feel important as sweep), knitting is still an valid option at this point. Bloody good loop if you every want a real Dissa experience but be warned that you may end up knitting some socks.

Group size today of about 25 (ish) on the two rides with 25 great people to spend the day with! Could not take up knitting and have such awesome company (that means knitting is out). Thanks to all for a great day.
riles
Reactions:

Re: Dann delivers Dissa on GF eve

Post by riles »

Attachments
IMG_5759.jpeg
IMG_1368.jpeg
IMG_5779.jpeg
IMG_5770.jpeg
IMG_5765.jpeg
IMG_5764.jpeg
IMG_5762.jpeg
Baz
Reactions:

Post by Baz »

My first forum ride, was yesterday's GF eve ride, thanks everyone for saying hello and sharing your experiences, making me feel welcome and part of the group, thanks to Dann for organising it and Josh for helping get the L2 ride a leader,
Had a great day and night sharing stories, bbq and a few drinks by the 🔥,

Had a great time from one morning to the next 🍻👍
MarkC
Reactions:

Post by MarkC »

Big thanks to Dann for organising and Walkahz and HX for leading the the L2 ride. Thanks to everyone on the L2 ride for the support and being so relaxed and patient. Huge thanks in particular to the guys who bailed me out of a couple of hills that were too good for me. I guess you never know if you don’t have a go. Shane I hope the hip isn’t too bad. Hope to ride with you guys again soon.
Bonez
Reactions:

Post by Bonez »

Thanks Dan for a very challenging ride for me and was very happy to complete the whole ride.
With very dusty and loose conditions had me struggling on the first hill with some traffic had me stopped in the worst position on the hill and with riles helping me out by riding my bike out of the difficult section had me back on track and up and out couldn't have asked for two better sweeps than Chris and riles with their experience that kept us rolling along 👍
Was good having a few drinks at the end of the ride and a good feed as well, with a few that camped the night the drinks continued into the night with a camp fire.
A good time was had by all until next time cheers 🍻
Last edited by Bonez on Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
hoff300
Reactions:

Post by hoff300 »

Thanks to Dann, Eric, Walkahz, HX and all that organized this great ride. Thanks to the sweeps Riles, Chris and all the sweeps on the other ride. Good turn out for a fun ride, with many of the hard enduro boys turning up. Great to see the level that you guys have reached, great show! Dann, Eric WOW, great loop, I for one struggled on the tiny bit of shale that was around. It looked to me that just maybe, I wasn't the only spent rider!!!🤣 Back at camp it was good to catch up with, a lot of riders that I hadn't seen in a while. Looked like a few were settling in for a fun night of recovery, with just a few ale's. Thanks for a great day out.
Dann
Reactions:

Post by Dann »

Well what a fantastic way to spend the grand final public holiday, by riding our dirtbikes!
We may not have had the interest of years gone by but those of us who made it enjoyed a fine day out at Dissa under a clear blue sky. With only the 2 levels on the day we decided to all head off together on a very direct route to Andersons Gardens where we split up and went our separate ways.
With the help of Eric, we spent the last 3 weeks prior clearing, bunting, track finding and linking everything up with the aim of having a bit of a different loop to what I've done in the past, challenging enough without being over the top and I hope we delivered.
It seemed like everyone was enjoying themselves.
The beers and snags after the ride in perfect weather with plenty of banter and stories was a great ending to a great day and carried on into the night by the fire.
All in all good times, thanks to all that came along, cheers🍻
Ghost Rider
Reactions:

Post by Ghost Rider »

Had the best day on Friday , great friends and a fantastically led ride
Thanks Dann and Eric for making it happen and for taking us on some good trails and for all that rode , you made it an awesome day .

Was great to be able to stop and have a play on a few of the hills , that's what we often do on lots of our 4+ rides , its always a competition🍆 and a great challenge .

Everyone rode well and I loved the attitude of a few that were struggling🤔 , every time they were offered an easy way out they said no ill press on 💪💪💪💪

The social catch up with everyone was 👍👍👍
kmatts55
Reactions:

Post by kmatts55 »

Yes indeed, a another great day out, but a big thanks goes out to Dann and Eric for getting the ball rolling on this GF ride. I know you spent quite a bit of time scouting out to deliver something, Kath and Kim might say, a bit different.
I had a ball and great to see a few others joining in. It was nice to catch up with everyone.

The post ride beer, bourbon and bbq was the fantastic and went down a treat.

Now, lets do it all again next year ! :)
Exotic Negotiator, C&W and SDU
Ghost Rider
Reactions:

Post by Ghost Rider »

IMG_2088.jpeg
Attachments
IMG_2076.jpeg
IMG_2079.jpeg
IMG_2075.jpeg
IMG_2074.jpeg
IMG_2073.jpeg