Chewton Sat Sep 2 Matt’s loop

Ride Reports Pictures and Videos
riles
Reactions:

Chewton Sat Sep 2 Matt’s loop

Post by riles »

We all had a great time. Absolutely perfect conditions.
Highlights were
Getting up Scorpio (I usually take the chicken track)
Doing the roller coaster section with all the crew at speed
Having Toys behind me regularly and going as quick as I could
Watching KMatts navigate-mostly by gut feeling and sun navigation
Doing the whole loop with a great bunch and lots of laughs.
Attachments
IMG_5576.jpeg
IMG_5578.jpeg
IMG_5572.jpeg
IMG_5570.jpeg
IMG_5569.jpeg
mOtOcHiCk
Reactions:

Re: Chewton Sat Sep 2 Matt’s loop

Post by mOtOcHiCk »

Awesome work you lot

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Toysrus
Reactions:

Post by Toysrus »

I didn't post up for this ride and hoped I wouldn't be turned away if I just fronted up, with more than a two hour travel time it was a bit of a risk.

One ride in the last couple of months was not great prep especially with the handy riders that signed up. Matt led a great loop and right up till about a third of the way through the ride I was having a ball (especially as I quite like rocks!)
I stopped a bit close to the bike in front and when taking off the bike slipped off off the track on an off off camber I picked it up twice and then proceeded to make a thousand mistakes right up till lunch break.

A second wind is a bit strong but I made marginally less mistakes on the second half and was fresher than I thought at the finish. it was a great day with a top crew and if you have a masochistic streak about rocks I would strongly suggest jumping on a Chewton ride if you get the chance!
Factional member of the Cheese and Wine Party, a subsidiary of the SDU Pty ltd
kmatts55
Reactions:

Post by kmatts55 »

Haha, This is not my loop, it belonged to the now retired, legend, Central Vic, 'Steve', that handed the baton on to young Fab, hang on where was Fab today ?
Chewton certainly rocks and also happens to be a great fun day for a ride. Conditions were pretty dry and we made pretty good time doing the full loop, back at 2.30pm, I've done this before and often back at 4.00pm if wet and a few problem areas.
I often wonder how we don't get punctures on this loop, as the rocks are brutal, sharp, big ones, small ones. bla bla
Great crew
Gee the Hoff is quick, I could not shake him on the flowy stuff. I think I was slowing him down.
So much to love about this ride and loop
Many thanks to all
Oh - Dann - you missed out big time - best ride eva
Cheers
Exotic Negotiator, C&W and SDU
hoff300
Reactions:

Post by hoff300 »

Thanks young Matt for leading a great loop today, well done. Well everyone stepped up today and rode really well. That place has to be the rockiest place around, but fun!! The last time at Chewton I think I had the worst ride ever, this time stayed on the bike and had a ball. I think I'm going to buy a jack hammer just to train for Chewton. Thanks Chris for sweep duties, until next time have fun.
fab
Reactions:

Post by fab »

Good to hear you all had a good ride.
kmatts55 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:25 pm Haha, This is not my loop, it belonged to the now retired, legend, Central Vic, 'Steve', that handed the baton on to young Fab, hang on where was Fab today ?
I'll be back on the tracks soon. At the moment I am living through all the ride reports :)
Jono1973
Reactions:

Post by Jono1973 »

Rocks didn’t see any
Thanks riles for posting Matt for leading first time in a while since I haven’t taken a soil sample came very close a few times great loop thanks sweeps see yous on the next one.
cobraone
Reactions:

Post by cobraone »

i apoligise guys for being rude and interupting.but have been riding there every sat for 3 months and yes its rough as shit (including half dozen green dot tracks ha ha )and i tumble heaps but never leave that place without a smile.i agree with all your comments.cheers.
Disco
Reactions:

Post by Disco »

It's a good run from the car park to scorpio and there are quite a few ways around the rocky sections to make it a flowing loop. We only do a few short rock sections.

Enjoy.
Last edited by Disco on Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
riles
Reactions:

Post by riles »

Thanks disco, we’ll look out for what you suggested