Chewton L2 ++

Ride Reports Pictures and Videos
Terry.DC
Reactions:

Chewton L2 ++

Post by Terry.DC »

Chewton ride was a great experience, first ride up this way, with a great bunch, plenty of traction over the rocks and I should have been careful over the slippery trees, took me down.
Riles kept everyone guessing on the next challenging hill and lead us through some of the best terrain.
riles
Reactions:

Re: Chewton L2 ++

Post by riles »

Thanks Terry, the rocks can be a bit full on - on the first visit. Once you get your head around how Rocky the tracks are, Chewton is a good spot for a change - especially this time of year.

Big group.
Lots of fun.
Attachments
IMG_4133.jpeg
Barc
Reactions:

Post by Barc »

Chewton is awsome! Was up there yesterday too and not a drop of rain. I reckon we heard you guys go through some near the wall.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

hoff300
Reactions:

Post by hoff300 »

Thanks Riles for leading us on a great loop of Chewton. Stuart for sweeping, then young Eric. This ride filled up just like I thought, with I think about 10 capable riders. Everyone rode well, a few little slip overs on wet logs, don't think I will ever learn. The ride had a good pace, with a few nice breaks. Well now it seams my ability to stay on my bike the whole day hasn't changed!!! I had another slow motion tip over, sideways of course!! I left a little bit early yesterday, as I was in a little sore from falling on the rocks. A few bruises, nothing a few days won't fix, thanks for a great ride, see you on the next one.
kbuxx
Reactions:

Post by kbuxx »

Thank you CV (Steve) for giving us Chewton, thanks Darren for starting the ride, thanks Riles for leading us around on a great loop, and Stuart and Eric for sweeping up our mess (sorry for the mess). I have always said how well Chewton handles the rain but then I dropped the bike in the first 200 meters and a few more times after that! (there goes my theory). Got stuck on the "good" hills and if you are not aware, there a couple of rocks here and there. Great group, moved fast, and yes, it was the "best ride ever" (of course)! The love for Chewton is secure!
Dann
Reactions:

Post by Dann »

Another great Chewton ride lead by Riles, couldn't have asked for better weather or a better crew of riders.
I enjoyed Marko's pre ride tonic as always and starting to think it's the best way to start a ride. I usually struggle with chronic arm pump for the first hour or so but not on this day.
Riles kept a nice consistent pace going all day and everyone rode well, no hold ups or problems and the day just flowed nicely.
Thanks to all for the most enjoyable day of my week!