Who’s updating in 2023?

The Place for all things bike Related from Bike Reviews to Riding Tips
hoff300
Reactions:

Re: Who’s updating in 2023?

Post by hoff300 »

I'm sticking to my 22 ktm 300 exc with 54hrs, was going to change them over quickly but need to keep busy playing the
maintenance game. Gypsy on a Sherco never going to happen!!!
Habs
Reactions:

Post by Habs »

Corka wrote:i think i might pull the pin on a 23 ktm350xcf, I've had my bike since 16 ( 450 exc ) so might update to the new gen
Why the xcf ? And not the EXC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Disco
Reactions:

Post by Disco »

Habs wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:56 pm
Corka wrote:i think i might pull the pin on a 23 ktm350xcf, I've had my bike since 16 ( 450 exc ) so might update to the new gen
Based on the new platform, 50hp and beefed up botton end and has a wide ratio 6 speed now (not semi-close). 250xcf is similar. Wouldn't mind a ride on the 350 #justsaying :mrgreen: '

Guessing they'll be bringing in quite a few of the new FI 300xc's as well (think they also went to wide ratio as well). :ugeek:
Habs
Reactions:

Post by Habs »

Disco wrote:
Habs wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:56 pm
Based on the new platform, 50hp and beefed up botton end and has a wide ratio 6 speed now (not semi-close). 250xcf is similar. Wouldn't mind a ride on the 350 #justsaying :mrgreen: '

Guessing they'll be bringing in quite a few of the new FI 300xc's as well (think they also went to wide ratio as well). :ugeek:
Hmmmm very interesting Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sink
Reactions:

Post by Sink »

Do I just keep old faithful? Do all the wheel bearings, rebuild the starter motor and get the suspension serviced (nothing wrong with the bike, just getting on top of maintenance). I did contemplate putting a 300 kit on at the first piston change but went the TSP route at the time and very happy with it.

Just my opinion mate but I reckon your a 4t type rider and you wouldn’t enjoy the 300 banger no where near as much, especially if your not getting out to much. Get him through another year then maybe upgrade to the new fancy update one next year. Disregard all the above though if your wanting to join the cheese and wines….. 😉
Toysrus
Reactions:

Post by Toysrus »

Sink wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:17 pm Do I just keep old faithful? Do all the wheel bearings, rebuild the starter motor and get the suspension serviced (nothing wrong with the bike, just getting on top of maintenance). I did contemplate putting a 300 kit on at the first piston change but went the TSP route at the time and very happy with it.

Just my opinion mate but I reckon your a 4t type rider and you wouldn’t enjoy the 300 banger no where near as much, especially if your not getting out to much. Get him through another year then maybe upgrade to the new fancy update one next year. Disregard all the above though if your wanting to join the cheese and wines….. 😉
I'm cheese and wine with a 500 and a 350, 2 stroke 300 is not an entry requirement! being a bit soft doesn't hurt though.
Factional member of the Cheese and Wine Party, a subsidiary of the SDU Pty ltd
Rat Finke
Reactions:

Post by Rat Finke »

I understand the cheese and wine crew is less about the bike you ride and more about a penchant for good food and booze :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
riles
Reactions:

Post by riles »

Rat Finke wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:41 pm I understand the cheese and wine crew is less about the bike you ride and more about a penchant for good food and booze :)
Yes agree 100% ^^^
A small side group in this forum, sometimes referred to as the “cheese and wine club”, ride regularly and have two stokes, four strokes, big bore and small bore bikes. Finishing a ride with a cheese and wine/beer buffet is common

Back on topic…..I’m pretty sure one of them has ordered a 2023 KTM XC two stroke thing with no carby. (Might be a small bore).
Attachments
7809BB7E-AC02-4072-9D83-0C54F408936B.jpeg
Sink
Reactions:

Post by Sink »

Wow wee. The cheese and wine must be reaching their expiration date. Sen-sa-tive!!
That was easier than having to buy a Jew a Christmas present.

Was merely offering some advice to my buddy noodle and look at you go. Good to know though you’re all very accepting regardless of bore size.
Miss you guys. Bless.

Noods, stick with the 250 ✌️
Toysrus
Reactions:

Post by Toysrus »

Easy Sink, careful what you say! The cheese and wine influence is far reaching infiltrating every part of life. like the "Stone Cutters"
Too many comments and your business will dry up and you'll find yourself in the big house!
I said something years ago and been unemployed since!!!
Factional member of the Cheese and Wine Party, a subsidiary of the SDU Pty ltd