NEERIM, Saturday 15th April.

Ride Reports Pictures and Videos
Big Pete
Reactions:

NEERIM, Saturday 15th April.

Post by Big Pete »

Five of us fronted up for the ride, Rubber Toe, Glezzo, Just4Fun, Rat Finke and myself however there was also one "no show"! We set off in what turned out to be perfect conditions, with the rain during the week there was plenty of traction to be had.
For the first series of tracks we headed south from the car park, these were tracks that I knew fairly well but for a couple of others in the group it was new territory. After completing a mix of "tighter"and more open tracks we made our way back North to check out a few tracks that I'd seen on my previous ride. This time however I had to take a different route as the bridge across Shady Creek that I usually use had been demolished.
We linked in to another series of tracks that involved a bit of "exploring", these turned out to be very good fun! They obviously hadn't been ridden in recent times.
The group flowed really well throughout the day and help was always on hand for the few "challenges"that did crop up, wouldn't be a ride without them!
As a leader on a ride you don't often get to see what's going on behind you or how others are riding but on a couple of occasions I did get to see that Gleezo was having fun attempting as many logs as he could, mostly successfully. The first one I saw him having a go at went a bit wrong but he picked himself up and tried again. He made up for it latter on in the ride when he took the "Jarvis" line over a large uphill log to clear it with ease, nicely done!
As we started to head towards the cars a few drops of rain appeared, so it was a few more narrow tracks along the way to finish off the day. A total of 58kms, no mechanical issues, no injuries, a great group of guys to ride with, some terrific tracks, what more could you ask for! Thanks to Just4Fun for sweeping all day and to all that turned up for making it a great day out.
Cheers, Pete.
Rubber Toe
Reactions:

Re: NEERIM, Saturday 15th April.

Post by Rubber Toe »

Hey There Guys! Thank You Pete for putting this ride on, it was a good day out! I`ve ridden Neerim a few times over the years but this ride i found myself on new tracks- really good ones as well. Thanks to the tail man[ sorry about not remembering names] and to the chap riding the Beta 300 - awesome skills and very helpful on the trails. I would recommend this ride
To the guys going to Tassie on Wednesday............I`m not jealous ....i`m not - Have fun!
Rat Finke
Reactions:

Re: NEERIM, Saturday 15th April.

Post by Rat Finke »

When I turned up to this ride, I asked Big Pete if Neerim was his 'home ground'. By this I mean a place where you ride, and the lead rider knows all the nooks and crannies. After getting affirmation from Big Pete, I knew that we were in for a good day.

The tracks flowed great all day, and with Big Pete’s guidance, we generally avoided the bike swallowing deep ruts which are dotted around Neerim. The ride was posted as a L2+/3 ride, so it also had its share of technical bits trying to separate rider from bike.

The ride group were all capable, which allowed us to cover just under 60Km before loading up the bikes before the rain hit. Perfect ride timing!

Thanks to Big Pete for the lead, Just4Fun for sweeping all day and Gleezo for giving us a ride show from time to time.