Rainy ride not a "Disappointment"

Ride Reports Pictures and Videos
Bushy Matt
Reactions:

Rainy ride not a "Disappointment"

Post by Bushy Matt »

14 riders showed up on a drizzly morning for what ended up being a pretty good loop with a mix of fire trail, narrow trail and a couple of hill climbs.
The rain and drizzle was on and off for most of the day, we started into some easy flowing trails then headed down hamburger 4 where I must've been relying on too much back brake and snapped the pedal pivot bolt clean off. Some bush mechanics and swapping some bolts around we managed to rig up a bolt that worked well enough to get me through the ride. Thanks Riles, Mr Noodle & Marko for the assistance and Tom, Matt & Drew for keeping the rest entertained while we were stopped for maybe 1/2 hour.
From here most of the crew did 3rd gear while a couple of us took the easy line, regrouping at the top. We went past swamp - a couple attempted but no success and made our way to Anderson garden for a quick rest break. We started on some of the Wandong side tracks only to find a section was closed off due to recent controlled burn offs. Cutting a bit out the big loop we ended up heading back to Anderson garden through some old lost world tracks.
After AG it was back up past the sisters where part of the group split off doing a couple of hard lines while the rest of us took some fire trail and other tracks heading back to the cars, crossing paths with the gun riders along the way. At a guess we would have done about 50 or so k's for the day.
Thanks for all the guys that came along, braving the weather. Thanks to Riles and Mr Noods for sweeping.
Looking for the lost world
Bushy Matt
Reactions:

Re: Rainy ride not a "Disappointment"

Post by Bushy Matt »

I only shot one video due to rain spots on the camera.

Looking for the lost world
riles
Reactions:

Post by riles »

Bushy, what a good ride and thank you for putting it on and leading well. I had a ball. I had a spin on a brand new 300KtmEXC which was very nice but the most fun was young Toms KX450 which rewarded wrestling it like a crocodile. Everyone rode well, lots of smiles and entertainment amongst the group
Keen to do the whole loop after the burn offs are done
Attachments
6E2E3369-80D9-4746-A09C-23AC45C71D40.jpeg
A7466C1D-0E5C-4FED-8675-B42B1F03DFB3.jpeg
DBC349A9-375D-4EB4-AC60-9266B06B20A5.jpeg
hoff300
Reactions:

Post by hoff300 »

Yes had a fantastic day out. Thanks Bushy Matt, for leading a great ride. Thanks Riles and Noodles for sweeping and the rest for making a fun day out.
kmatts55
Reactions:

Post by kmatts55 »

I can't believe how well Bushy knows Dissa, Fantastic track knowledge and put a ripper loop together that catered for everyone.
Many thanks to bang'in bars with all attended. I always love a dissa ride and yes you guessed it, it did not disappoint.
Exotic Negotiator, C&W and SDU
Adrian Adrian
Reactions:

Post by Adrian Adrian »

Thanks so much Matt, was a great route.
And thanks as always to sweeps who were kept on their toes by my various mishaps at the back of the group (including managing to send a big log downhill into your bike when I took a ridiculous line - sorry about that!).
MrNoodle
Reactions:

Post by MrNoodle »

Cheers Bushy for posting up the ride and Riles for assisiting me with the sweep duties. Starting to gel with the new bike but had two limp wristed efforts at 3rd gear hill and rode around so as not to hold the group up. Don't worry Adrian, I was laughing when you spat a big log and speared my front tyre stopping me in my tracks as we were slip sliding our way up a greasy hill. Great to ride with everyone and see you all on the next one!
Living and loving life
Dann
Reactions:

Post by Dann »

As always Bushy doesn’t disappoint whith another great ride out at Dissa!
It was the first wet ride in a while with plenty of wet slippery logs, sticks and roots everywhere to keep everyone on their toes. I had a small booboo thanks to a 20mm stick taking control of my front wheel. It's funny how these bikes are capable of some amazing things but a little wet stick can put you your ass so easily.
The loop was great getting straight into some good tracks and keeping it up all day, Bushy's internal gps knows every corner of the place. We hit bitumen at one point which lead us to the top of hamburger 4 and down we went. That's definitely a first for me anyway.
Was a great day out with a group of 14 capable riders and great to have Noods back after what seems like forever to me. Looking forward to doing all again soon.
Brucie.t
Reactions:

Post by Brucie.t »

Thanks for the ride Gents.

Good to see the dust well and truly gone

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Marty
Reactions:

Post by Marty »

Thanks for having me along - excellent ride and excellent bunch of guys. Looking forward to joining you again soon (and thanks Graham Riley for the introduction).