Cujo’s Wombat Sunday Nov 27

Ride Reports Pictures and Videos
riles
Reactions:

Cujo’s Wombat Sunday Nov 27

Post by riles »

Cujo was in town and keen to ride on the weekend. The word got around and what was originally going to be a few guys morphed into 22 riders showing up ready to go on Sunday at Wombat. Some “plus 2” mates of mates and some last minute add ons all added up
It was quite a show.
All went well for most of the day, dry skies, good crew, a bit boggy/muddy in the lower areas. I can’t recall who else had a 4 stroke other than the 450RX rocket - and cudos to urustu for capably riding the smallest - a Sherco 125.
At about the 2/3 mark a corner or long hill climb wasn’t well marked and a few took a wrong turn. This is when the rot set in. We waited a bit, sent out various search parties, decided to push on without, then lost more. However I did know that we were not that far from the cars and the missing would be capable of finding their own way home - and they did. In dribs and drabs the lost souls returned and the cheese and wine club members put on a car park spread which was enjoyed by all.
Attachments
67961399-5075-4D3C-B2AA-4F05481A758F.jpeg
A5FC5554-F67B-4553-9478-FBCEA468BFBF.jpeg
7AE3C01C-7FA5-46E3-82A2-A10C8E3E4EAD.jpeg
E26F9D09-0F54-4E28-8B7E-7A37DA736FBF.jpeg
2BDEB4F0-1774-4842-970D-FC7021EF849E.jpeg
CUJO
Reactions:

Re: Cujo’s Wombat Sunday Nov 27

Post by CUJO »

What A ripper Ride!

The small ride of 4 mates became a 22 rider extravaganza mimicking days of the old Lvl 2.5 OMG days.

It was great to catch up with old faces and meet a few new guys. A few guys came out of Hibernation after being caught up in this whole "Life Thing" and I am glad they did!

I finally got to Ride with Little John after years of never quite being on the same ride while on the Dirtriderz forum - Which coincidently we found out he lives about 200m from where I have worked for the last ten years - go figure.

As expected, the terrain was slippery in places but a lot of fun. The odd 45 degree branch laying in the mud caught out a few of us - some times more than once. The wet yellow clay was slippery and after the 20th rider passing, it became the equivalent of wet glass. - especially up hills - I know this because I swept the first part of the day.

As Riles mentioned, The cornerman system broke down a bit at the end where we weren't sure if one rider was left behind or had in fact past the lead rider. Kbuxx and I retraced a very long Tight tracks (Around 4km) to search for the lost sole but alas no one was found. We ventured back only to get lost ourselves. A few txt's later and with the aid of Kbuxx's GPS we all returned to the carpark in one piece.

An absolute ripper spread and a few beers were shared and everyone had a chance to have a yarn without their helmets on.

A big thank you to Riles for leading the ride and the other sweeps for doing their thing. And thanks everyone for coming.

I'll be back around Xmas for a few weeks and expect to be on a few rides then, so keep monitoring the forum.

Until the next time I am in town!

DIRT BIKES ARE AWESOME!!!

Cujo
Member of the outlaw Cheese and Wine Cub.
.... A Chapter of the Secret Dirtbike Underworld

2012 Husky TE300 - full reg - QLD
2012 KTM XCW300- rec reg - Melbourne
kbuxx
Reactions:

Post by kbuxx »

Thanks for the lead around Riles, like you said, most of the day worked out perfect and it was a good day out on the bikes. Weather was perfect. A few missing people but we did have some to spare. Was capped at 12 so we ended up with above that so..... numbers still look good.......

I have never had my bike so hard to clean after a ride, that mud was so sticky it never fell off. It stuck on top of the other layer of mud and become the new bike.

Thanks to all that come to make the day as good as it was, also thanks for cheese and beer spread to follow which just secured the "perfect day" tag!
JD_CRF
Reactions:

Post by JD_CRF »

Thanks for leading Riles and Cujo, Brian and Howard for sweeping.

It was super slippery all day, made even worse by the fact that my rear tyre looked a little too flat early in the day so I pumped it up "a bit". That may have been a bit much as it turns out. I struggled for most of the day until I let some air out again. It was better but time for a new one (already purchased). When I got home it had 4 psi in it.

I'm used to being the only Honda rider on most rides, but can't recall a time where I've been the only 4 stroke rider until this ride.

As kbuxx said, that mud was shocking to get off. It just seemed to keep moving from one part of the bike to another. Every time I thought I was done I found more somewhere else. Even as I was wheeling it into the shed there was still some under the front mudguard.

Aside from some sort of cornerman system failure as has already been said, a great ride was had. Thankfully everyone made it out OK.

Cya all next time.
Marko
Reactions:

Post by Marko »

Big group and great ride, 22 riders , can’t remember last time riding in a big group like this. Slippery but fun, yes we did lost some riders but not a big deal as we had too many riders anyway Image, thanks Riles for organising and leading this ride, best part was the end of ride, cheese ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fab
Reactions:

Post by fab »

three months off the bike and this ride was just what I needed.

I chuckled when another rider asked if ever car in the carpark was on the same ride - I thought na, but it was yeah.

10 (+12) riders got the riles rev up and we were off into the trees. Being almost Summer you think it was into a cloud of dust but no it was slippery mud, clay, and deep water. We ate mozzies, many ate the dirt, some ate roost, but we all came out satisfied. Some had an alternative adventure but it makes for good future stories (the joys of hindshite)

Big thanks to Riles for leading and Cujo for organising. The sweeps had a light run and a big thumbs up to everyone who helped another rider.

See you on the next one, hopefully not in three months. I'll remember the wine.
MrNoodle
Reactions:

Post by MrNoodle »

Only 6 reports, How many did you loose out there in the bush??? Great reports guys
Living and loving life
mOtOcHiCk
Reactions:

Post by mOtOcHiCk »

Looks like a top day out!

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

kmatts55
Reactions:

Post by kmatts55 »

Yeah. Always a good ride with these fellas, particularly nice to catch up with that special guy in the pink jersey :)
Also great to meet a few members I hadn't met before.
With a large group, Riles did an excellent job in leading us around appropriate tracks for the day.
Exotic Negotiator, C&W and SDU
fab
Reactions:

Post by fab »

MrNoodle wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:54 pm Only 6 reports, How many did you loose out there in the bush??? Great reports guys
Think they are all still trying to clean the mud off their bikes and gear (sooooo much sticky mud)