Reactions:

Re: GF ride L2+ & L3

Post by Brownballs »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kbuxx
Reactions:

Post by kbuxx »

Thanks Dann for the lead on an awesome Dissa adventure and Brownie for taking taking the reigns to finish us off! Thanks Cruiser for sweeping up our mess ALL DAY, you say you were not needed lol, I used your good services mate, thank you. Thanks to the sausage suppliers and cooks the onion cooker and all the good company throughout the the day. I had a blast, although as buggered as I am, I am really happy on the inside (you know, between the cramps and aches n stuff).

Oh yes and thanks to Walkahz for keeping us all connected and riding with our mate.

Cheers n beers.
Toysrus
Reactions:

Post by Toysrus »

Edited
Last edited by Toysrus on Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factional member of the Cheese and Wine Party, a subsidiary of the SDU Pty ltd
Toysrus
Reactions:

Post by Toysrus »

So a bumpy start to the Grand final ride once again.

I was doing household duties on the Thursday in order to keep my brownie points balance in positive territory and hurt my elbow, which now matched the other elbow that already had issues. I was on the 500 as my 350 is prepped for another ride next week. Seeing as it’s been probably over a year since I rode the 500 and now with two bad elbows I thought the sensible thing to do was jump on Bushys 2+ ride.

Everything started off as it should we got on to some brand new stuff put in by Bushy and was having fun figuring out how to ride the big girl again. There was a longish break early on for what I think was a stuck hotstart valve, when we arrived at the main pack we were told Bushy was going around on the road to see what the problem was. He didn’t make it that far the French girl he was riding had thrown in the towel 300 meters from where we sitting.

Ah, la vache! We had no French speakers amongst us and as such the diagnosis proved difficult, Croissants in the clutch? Escargot in the ECU? Brioche on the brakes? Vol-au-vents on the valves? Fondant in the fuel pump we worked through these possibilities then made the situation worse by introducing a Croatian in to the mix! “Marko Mechcanicovich” was the closest we had to a Frenchman and is legendary on the tools, or is a tool I can’t remember? In 1809 Napoleon Bonaparte was heard to say "Croatians, there are best soldiers in the world. If I had only 100000 Croatians, I would conquer the entire world!". Sadly there was no mention of mechanics and Marko was no fucking help at all!
After huge input from everyone there loaning sparkplugs, tools, information even I personally drank a substantial amount of petrol trying to blow some into the engine to make it fire, had I called it “benzine” I feel this may have worked.

We were then relegated to the last resort of the scoundrel “push Starting” . Le patient a ete declare mort and the hearse was called.

Bushy and the hotstart rider left us and we carried on under new management sadly at the end of the first Tight tracks under new management the 500 had a clutch issue and I was out also. I feel it was cross contamination from the Sherco I cant be sure but will definitely be getting a covid test for the old girl.
Thanks all for putting on this ride and the efforts associated with that. I will be back next year to try again.
NB “Ah, la vache!” means oh my god but literal translation is Oh my cow!
Attachments
307661148_1105508923405443_5302418761193954518_n.jpg
Factional member of the Cheese and Wine Party, a subsidiary of the SDU Pty ltd
Olly610
Reactions:

Post by Olly610 »

Thanks Bushy posting and getting this ride started ! Great crew and turned out to be a great ride, what a bugger that 2 bikes gave trouble !!!
Hope they are both easy fixes !!

Dave took the lead and we got a good ride in, with really good tracks , a few sticky moments which quickly got sorted with everyone chipping in to get through, great teamwork !
No one had any dramas even when it did look like we may have needed a sky hook !!

Especially when we were all going down a long steep hill with switchbacks all the way down it, and then for added comfort once we were half way down finding out its known as 'Death Valley' lol !!
Thanks to all that made it and thanks for the Barby and beers 👍
Dann
Reactions:

Post by Dann »

What a brilliant day we had out on the trail!
With a great crew of capable riders we started smashing out the loop quicker than expected. I started to get a bit worried that I was going to run out of tracks but huge thanks to Bownie for leading that last couple of hours. Those last tracks made the day and was a good round trip to get back to the cars from where we were.
Just like to thank everyone for coming and Cruiser for sweeping all day. Not that he had to get off his bike once nor was he ever that far back at the regroups. Though there was a point where I made a meal of this muddy corner at the bottom of rocky bastard and had to let the whole group go. Cruiser called it leading from the rear. I think it happened more than once...
Good fun day out with good company, until next time!
Robbie G
Reactions:

Post by Robbie G »

Thanks again for an awesome day guys!! always a fun day out :)

Heres a bit of footage from the day.

2t4me
Reactions:

Post by 2t4me »

Great videos Robbie - enjoyed watching them thanks!

What year is the Sherco your on and is it Factory or Racing?
Bushy Matt
Reactions:

Post by Bushy Matt »

2t4me wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:43 am
What year is the Sherco your on and is it Factory or Racing?
Looks like a factory Dusty - white plastics. I reckon 2020 or '21.
Looking for the lost world
Robbie G
Reactions:

Post by Robbie G »

Bang on the money mate! 20/21 race edition.